The list of functions of the human pancreas includes the production of most digestive enzymes, without which the normal course of vital processes of the gastrointestinal tract is impossible, as well as the synthesis of insulin. When a malfunction occurs in the work of this organ, pancreatitis develops. This disease is an inflammation of the pancreas, usually caused by inhibition of the normal secretion of enzymes.
Features of nutrition in acute and chronic pancreatitis
In the absence of pathologies in the body, enzymes enter the intestine, but due to pancreatitis, they remain inside this organ, gradually beginning to break down its inner cortex. Too often, patients with pancreatitis develop intoxication, as a result of which intestinal particles and enzyme residues enter the bloodstream. The acute course of the disease usually ends with surgery if therapy and diet do not give the desired results.Chronic pancreatitis is usually caused by overeating, alcohol or drug abuse, the use of hormonal or estrogenic drugs, and existing diseases of the gallbladder and liver. With both types of this disease, gastroenterologists recommend adhering to a special diet for pancreatitis, which involves designing a rough menu.
Acute pancreatitis: diet menu for the week
To normalize the condition of the patient's body, the nutritionist prescribes a special therapeutic diet to eliminate swelling and inflammation in the pancreas. In addition to drug treatment, short-term fasting is prescribed, thanks to which surgery can be avoided. During fasting, gastric juice stops producing, and enzyme activity also decreases, which will help the damaged organ recover within a few days.
In the first days of such a fast, it is recommended to drink non-carbonated healing mineral water, diluted green tea or rose soup in small portions several times a day. Drinking will help prevent dehydration, but once you get out of fasting, you should gradually switch to eating. In the presence of acute pancreatitis, a strict diet is followed, the menu for a week should be drafted by a specialist. The standard diet for 5 days includes the following foods:
- dry bread or pieces of wheat flour;
- liquid jellies or fruit drinks;
- liquid rice or oatmeal soup;
- liquid mashed potatoes without added oil;
- pure cereals, such as oatmeal, rice, oatmeal or buckwheat;
- dry biscuits;
- bread or crackers.
After 6 days, other foods and drinks can be added to the pancreatitis menu. It can be black or green tea sweetened with a small amount of sugar or honey with the addition of milk, beet juice with a small amount of mineral water. The list of allowed meals includes:
- steam protein omelette;
- cheese soup;
- minced or minced meat; Liquid sludge soups
- mousse and berry or apple jelly;
- steamed vegetable puree and oil-free pudding.
Example of a menu for pancreatitis for a week
The diet for acute pancreatitis should be quite strict, so the patient should adhere to the menu compiled for him for a week. An example of such a diet is presented below, but the exact list of dishes must be agreed with the doctor.
- Breakfast. Liquid porridge from rice or oatmeal, a fruit, for example, an orange, pear or apple, weak tea with the addition of honey.
- Late morning. Puree pumpkin puree, steamed kitten from fish or minced chicken, rose broth.
- Lunch. Fish or beef broth, mashed potatoes, dry white bread, baked apples as a dessert.
- Snack pasdite. A small portion of cottage cheese and weak tea with the addition of honey.
- Darka. A steamed omelette made from proteins, a dry slice of white bread, vegetable puree and puree.
- Breakfast. Oatmeal, jelly or tea (green or black).
- Late morning. Apple mass mixed with cottage cheese.
- Lunch. Broccoli or cauliflower-based puree soup, steamed chicken meatballs.
- Snack pasdite. Dried biscuits and green tea.
- Darka. Pudding with rice or cottage cheese, jelly or tea.
the third day
- Breakfast. Liquid rice-based porridge, green tea with a dry cookie.
- Late morning. Baked apples with honey or cottage cheese.
- Lunch. Vegetable soup based on cauliflower, potatoes, green peas or carrots combined with meatballs, compote with dried fruits.
- Snack pasdite. Pure cottage cheese and weak tea.
- Darka. Lean, roasted or steamed fish.
The sample menu may contain special recipes recommended for pancreatic pancreatitis. In order to prevent the deterioration of the condition, each of the ingredients of an individual dish should be agreed with a doctor or nutritionist, who usually himself recommends the preparation of specific first and second courses, as well as special cakes.
Pumpkin and carrot puree
To prepare such a diet puree, you will need 400 grams of squash and two carrots, they should be peeled and cut into medium cubes. Then the vegetables are boiled in boiling water until softened enough. After cooking is complete, the water from the pot can be drained completely or partially to obtain a thinner mass. Using a blender, you need to turn the vegetables into a homogeneous mass and serve.
To prepare a liquid soup with puree, you need to take half a kilogram of each lean fish, for example, cod, hake, perch or roast, a pint and a half of water, a teaspoon of butter and 50 ml of milk. The fish fillet is cut into small pieces and boiled in water or vegetable broth until softened. Bring the warmed milk separately with the melted butter in it, bring to a boil, pour in the fish juice and add the fillets, then cook everything together for a few minutes.
It is worth remembering that in the acute form of pancreatitis, it is strictly forbidden to eat fatty and fried foods, foods that stimulate fermentation in the digestive tract, drink alcohol, kvass, kefir and carbonated beverages.
menu of pancreatic inflammation
When it comes to the pancreatitis diet and an exemplary menu, many gastroenterologists recommend adhering to the well-known diet no. 5, which is usually prescribed after the patient's condition has improved in the acute form of the disease. Allowed foods as part of the diet can be safely included in the diet after fasting. Typically, such a diet is divided into two stages, each of which is different in time.
In the first stage, you can only get pureed food for two weeks, after its completion, the patient is transferred to the second, less strict menu, lasting at least six to eight months. In the first stage, you can eat unsalted liquid containers with a predominance of carbohydrates, drink fruit drinks, juices, rose decoction with the addition of honey or sugar. Fatty, fried or salty foods are strictly forbidden.
After the fifth day of the diet, calories should be increased gradually, limiting fat intake. From the sixth to the ninth day of such a diet, the total caloric content of foods eaten per day should not exceed 1000 calories. After the tenth, the number of calories may increase, and the patient is transferred to the second diet option for pancreas for a week.
Diet for the chronic form of the disease
Pancreatitis often turns into a chronic form, it is in this case that special diets for pancreatic pancreatitis are more important than ever, thanks to which it is possible to completely normalize the condition of the gastrointestinal tract. Characteristic seizures occur periodically due to improper nutrition, especially if the list of dishes includes prohibited foods, including boiled eggs, cakes, chocolate, milk, soda, and other similar foods. Symptoms of the disease are bloating, noticeable weight after the next meal, frequent vomiting. Very often, chronic pancreatitis provokes the onset of diabetes mellitus, especially in cases where the patient did not go to the doctor on time and did not start taking special medications.
A dietitian or gastroenterologist must necessarily develop a special menu for pancreatitis for a week, which includes light and fast digestible food. It will be especially helpful to drink still mineral water for two days, as well as a decoction of wild rose or weak tea. It is necessary to switch to a low-calorie diet as soon as possible, prepare meals with a minimum content of fats and carbohydrates. Food intake should be partial, it is necessary to eat at least 5-6 times a day. The list of products that make up the menu for chronic pancreatitis should include:
- wheat germ (purchased or self-made); liquid soups with vegetables or cereals;
- roasted or boiled meat, including chicken, beef or rabbit;
- weak steamed fish;
- low-fat cottage cheese;
- unsalted and low-fat cheeses;
- semi-liquid and liquid cereals;
- vegetable puree and stew;
- ripe and grated fruits;
- light jellies, mousses and compotes.
Menu example and list of forbidden dishesThe menu for chronic pancreatitis in adults and children should be varied, despite quite strict restrictions, while it is necessary to carefully monitor compliance with the daily routine and take food for hours. Usually a weekly menu is compiled by a specialist who also gives the patient detailed instructions and advice, helps in choosing the appropriate recipes for the dishes and talks about the properties of some products. It is worth paying attention to the approximate menu for pancreatitis, which you can focus on when preparing your diet:
- Breakfast. Oatmeal with milk, pink decoction.
- Second Breakfast. Steamed chicken or beef, weak tea.
- Lunch. Carrot soup and pumpkin puree, steamed fish and tea.
- Snack pasdite. Cottage cheese for baby food.
- Darka. Zucchini decoction with carrots, boiled chicken breast, compote with dried fruits.
- Evening meal. A glass of low-fat kefir.
Diet for pancreatitis inflammation and the rough menu imply strict restrictions, as many foods can over-stimulate pancreatic secretion and gastric juice production. The list of banned products includes:
- fatty meats and fish, smoked meats, sausages and canned food;
- meat and fish soup, as well as mushroom soup;
- cabbage soup, borscht, okroshka;
- fatty dairy products;
- fried and boiled eggs;
- all kinds of legumes, cauliflower, radish, onion, garlic, spinach, sorrel, eggplant, peppers and mushrooms;
- bakery products butter and flour, cakes, chocolate;
- coffee, strong black tea, cocoa, carbonated drinks.
Recipes for chronic pancreatitis
Diet for pancreatitis and the right menu should be chosen by a specialist, patients will need to master some new recipes that are ideal for normalizing the digestive tract.
Soup with vegetable puree
To prepare it, you need an unsweetened yellow or green pepper, 200 g broccoli and cauliflower, 1 zucchini. Cut the vegetables into cubes, add 1. 5 liters of water and cook until softened. Then you need to drain the water and make mashed potatoes with a blender.
To make a marshmallow with a healthy diet, you need 1 kg of apples, cut into cubes and peeled, put in a saucepan, add water and let cook. Once they have boiled enough, you need to remove the pan from the heat, drain the water and cool the apples. Then they are pressed with a blender, the resulting puree should be squeezed and the excess liquid is poured into a separate container. Then the liquid is boiled separately in a pot until it thickens, add there 100 g of liquid honey and cook until a syrup is obtained. After that, the juice is mixed with mashed potatoes, spread the mass on a baking sheet and put in an oven preheated to 120 degrees to dry the marshmallow.
In most cases, a diet for pancreatitis and adherence to a strict menu for a week gives excellent results, as such a nutritional system has a very gentle effect on the internal organs. According to doctors, according to the results of such diets, the work of the pancreas is stabilized, mainly due to the decrease in the concentration of gastric juice. Experts recommend completely eliminating alcohol during treatment and consistently adhering to a balanced and proper diet. In addition to improving the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, thanks to the menu with inflammation of the pancreas and light food, you can significantly reduce weight and improve the overall condition of the body.